- Preheat oven to 375. Cut spaghetti squash in half and remove the seeds. Place on a baking sheet and bake until sides are soft and top is just browning.
- While the squash is cooking, in a large sauce pan on medium low heat, add oil, garlic, and onions and stir until translucent (approx. 3-5 minutes).
- Add the large can of tomatoes (with sauce) and tomato paste. Add oregano, basil and crushed red pepper and heat until thickens. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- When spaghetti squash is done, remove from oven. With a dinner fork, rake spaghetti squash from top to bottom, remove and place in a serving bowl until only the skin remains.
- Add marinara sauce. Garnish with fresh basil and serve.
Optional: Can add mushrooms to sauce or cooked chicken or shrimp on top.