Zucchini Pasta with Avocado Pesto
- 4-6 large organic zucchini, stem removed
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 oz organic basil, washed with stems removed
- 1 handful of organic spinach
- 2 ripe avocados
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup organic cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- In a spiralizer or mandolin, shred zucchini into noodles. In a mini chopper of food processor, place olive oil, garlic, basil, spinach and blend until smooth. Add avocados, salt and pepper and blend until smooth.
- In a large sauce pan, melt coconut oil then add zucchini noodles. Stir until they have lost some water but not totally flimsy. Drain from water and place in a serving bowl. Add avocado pesto, tomatoes, and red pepper flakes to noodles and combine.
- Garnish with basil leaves.