Yam and Carrot Soup
March 16, 2019
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4-5 large carrots, peeled and cut in chunks
- 3 cups chicken bone broth
- 2 large yams (sweet potatoes), peeled and cubed
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Celtic sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup coconut milk
- In a soup pan, melt coconut oil and add onion, garlic, carrots and yams. Stir until carrots and yams are brown (approx 5 min).
- Add chicken bone broth and bring to a boil then decrease to low.
- Add ginger, thyme, sea salt and pepper and cook for about 1 hour.
- Add coconut milk for 5-10 minutes then serve.