Warm Brussel Sprout Caesar Salad
- 1 pound Brussel sprouts
- 2 teaspoons coconut or avocado oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 heaping teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon coconut aminos
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the Brussel sprouts in half from the top to the stem end, then thinly slice them crosswise. In a large skillet, heat the oil then over medium high heat add the sliced Brussel sprouts and saute until heated through and just beginning to wilt. They will have a nice green color. (Approximately 3-5 minutes).
- In a blender or food processor, combine the oil, lemon zest and juice, garlic, mustard and coconut aminos and blend until it is smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss some dressing with the Brussel sprouts and serve. Dressing can be make 4 days ahead.