Turmeric Chicken Soup
March 11, 2019
- 1 can (15oz) coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin (omit for AIP)
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 cups chicken bone broth
- 2 cups roasted chicken
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- fresh cilantro, chopped for garnish
- In a food processor, blend the coconut milk, turmeric, cumin, and coriander until smooth.
- In a soup pan on medium heat, melt the coconut oil. Add the onion and sauté until translucent and starting to brown, 6-8 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté about 1 minute.
- Deglaze the pan with a few tablespoons of the spiced turmeric-coconut milk, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the remainder of the turmeric-coconut milk to the dutch oven, along with the carrots, celery, chicken bone broth, roasted chicken, sea salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce to low and simmer until the vegetables are tender and the soup is slightly thick, 20-25 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.