- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup ghee (melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups roasted sweet potato, skin removed
- 2 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Handful roasted hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 10” cake pan with parchment and set aside.
- Combine coconut milk, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, and ghee in a blender. Add sweet potato mash and blend again until smooth. Transfer contents to a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add coconut flour, tapioca flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder and mix until well combined. Add dry ingredients with blended wet batter and whisk until smooth. Fold in 1/2 cup or more coconut flakes.
- Pour into cake pan. Sprinkle a handful chopped hazelnuts and remaining coconut flakes.
- Bake for 50 minutes, cover will foil, then bake for 20-30 minutes more. The edges will be crispy brown. Check the middle to make sure it is spongy and a toothpick comes out clean. May need more time. Remove from oven and let cool.