- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 medium yellow onions, diced
- 1 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- pinch of ground black pepper
- sprinkling of crushed red pepper flakes (omit for AIP)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 1/2 cups bone broth
- 1 large head of cauliflower, roughly chopped to the same size
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- fresh dill or chives for garnish
- In a large soup pot, heat the coconut oil over medium-low. Add onions, cumin, sea salt, turmeric, coriander, cardamom, black pepper and red pepper flakes. Saute, stirring occasionally until the onions become translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute another few minutes. Add the bone broth and chopped cauliflower and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce to a simmer and allow to cook for about 15 minutes, until the cauliflower is tender. Remove from heat and transfer carefully to a blender or use a hand emulsion blender. Blend on high (allowing steam to vent) for a few minutes, until smooth. If using a blender, transfer back to the soup pot and stir in the coconut milk and vinegar. Bring back heat to low, ensuring it doesn't boil. Add more sea salt and pepper if needed.
- Garnish with fresh dill or chives and ground black pepper