Shrimp Ceviche with Avocado
- 1/2 cup medium shrimp, cooked, peeled, deveined and finely chopped
- 4 tablespoon lime juice, divided
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, cored, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and coarsely mashed
- 2 organic Persian cucumbers washed and sliced
- sea salt to taste
- In a small bowl, combine finely chopped shrimp and 2 tablespoons lime juice. Toss to coat. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Marinate, covered and refrigerated, for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Combine the marinated shrimp with jalapeño, red onion, and cilantro. Add 2 tablespoons lime juice and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine avocado and 1 tablespoon lime juice. Place sliced cucumber on a plate in a circle. Divide the avocado in 2 servings top it with the avocado mash while leaving cucumbers visible. Top avocado mash with the shrimp mixture.