- 20-30 brussel sprouts
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ yellow onion, minced
- 2-3 cups of mushrooms (oyster, shitake, portabella or button), chopped
- 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the bottoms off the brussels sprouts slightly so that the few outside leaves come off but the sprout remains in tact.
- Slice the sprout in half from top to bottom but just to the end so the sprout remains in tact.
- Lay the sprout on its side and cut thin slices from top to bottom all the way to the end and discard the very end piece.
- Saute garlic, onions and mushrooms in coconut oil for about 2-5 minutes and add in brussel sprouts.
- Stir frequently until the sprouts get bright green and a little wilted
- And add salt and pepper to taste and serve.