Seared Ahi with Sesame Crust
- 1 pound fresh raw ahi tuna steak
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard (or spicy mustard if you like it spicy)
- 1 tablespoon old style mustard with seeds.
- 2-3 tablespoons white toasted sesame seeds
- 2-3 tablespoons black toasted sesame seeds
- 1 /2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 head of purple cabbage, sliced very thinly
- 1 1/2 -2 cups sugar snap peas, vertically sliced thin
- 1 small organic yellow pepper, sliced in thin strips
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- sea salt to taste
- In a small bowl mix 2 types of mustard together. Once mixed, rub mixture on ahi steak to cover completely. Place black and white sesame seeds in a shallow bowl and once combined, place ahi into seeds and cover each side of ahi until fully covered and let it rest.
- In a large bowl, place sliced cabbage, sugar snap peas, and yellow pepper and add toasted sesame oil and sea salt. Mix well and place on a serving plate.
- In a pan, heat coconut oil and cook ahi on medium-low temperature. Turning over after just a few minutes and repeating. If you like your ahi less raw, cook for a bit longer. Place on top of slaw and serve.