Roasted Red Pepper Soup
March 26, 2019
- 4 organic red bell pepper, seeds removed and cut in half
- 1 small head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 yellow or white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 1 pinch of red pepper flakes
- 4 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Celtic sea salt and pepper to taste
- Place the red peppers on a baking sheet with parchment paper with cut side facing down, broil until skins are blackened (about 10 minutes). Place in sealable container and let steam for 20 minutes before removing the skins. Dice the remaining bell peppers.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss the cauliflower in olive oil and place on a single layer on a baking sheet with parchment and roast in oven until tender and browning, about 20 minutes while mixing once in the middle.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat and cook the onion until tender (about 5-7 minutes). Add the garlic, thyme and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant (about 1 minute)
- Add roasted peppers, cauliflower, broth, paprika and simmer for 10 minutes before pureeing with a hand blender. Add sea salt and pepper and serve.