Roasted Garlic Hummus
February 2, 2019
- 1 Large garlic head
- 1 Tsp of olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups canned garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 Tsp tahini
- 1/3 water
- 1 ½ Tsp sea salt
- 1/4 Tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 400. Slice off ¼ inch of the pointed head of the garlic and lay bottom on a piece of aluminum, foil and drizzle the olive oil. Bring up the sides of the foil to form a pouch.
- Roast the garlic until it is dark brown and soft, about 45-50 minutes. Let cool.
- Squeeze the roasted cloves of garlic into the bowl of a good processor. Add the garbanzo beans, tahini, water, salt, cumin and lemon juice.
- Puree until smooth and creamy, at least 3 minutes. Scrape down sides of bowl and process for 3-5 minutes more.
- Place in serving dish and sprinkle with paprika.