Roasted Eggplant Dip
April 10, 2019
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 red or white onion, peeled
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. Himalayan crystal salt or sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Chop eggplant, red peppers, and onion into cubes approximately 1” square and toss with garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast on a baking sheet for 45 minutes until lightly browned and soft, turning once during roasting.
- Put all in a blender or mini chopper and add tomato paste. Pulse a few times.
- Best served with fresh cut veggies or gluten free crackers.