Roasted Cauliflower Soup
March 14, 2019
- 2 heads of organic cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 3 cups of vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 1/2 cups of full fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of grape seed oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine the cauliflower, garlic, shallots, and grape seed oil.
- Spread the cauliflower mixture on a roasting pan and roast for 30 minutes.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a large saucepan and add the vegetable broth.
- Add the thyme and the bay leaf and bring to a boil over medium–high heat.
- Cover the saucepan and lower the heat to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf.
- Puree the soup using an immersion blender or blender.
- Stir in the coconut milk and season to taste with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Garnish with parsley.