Red Lentil and Zucchini Chili
March 17, 2019
- 2 cups of uncooked red lentils
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 small organic yellow onion, diced
- 2 bell peppers (orange and red or 2 of the same color), diced
- 3-4 organic zucchini, diced into small cubes
- 2 large cans of organic diced tomatoes (28 oz each)
- 1/4 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (omit or lessen if you want it mild)
- 1/4 teaspoon of coriander
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Chives for garnish
- Heat oil in a soup pot and add onions and bell peppers and cook until onions are translucent and both are soft.
- In a separate pot, boil water and cook the lentils for 10 minutes.
- Add cumin, chili powder, red pepper flakes and coriander to the onions and bell peppers and stir until mixed. Add zucchini and both cans of tomatoes with juice.
- When lentils are cooked, drain the water and add to the chili pot. Add salt and pepper to taste and let it cook for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with sliced chives