- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a baking sheet thoroughly with parchment paper. Add quinoa, pecans, oats, chia seeds, coconut sugar and salt to a mixing bowl and combine well.
- In a small saucepan, add coconut oil and maple syrup. Over medium-low heat, warm for about 2-3 minutes stirring occasionally until well combined and no visible separation.
- Pour liquid over dry ingredients and stir to thoroughly combine and coat. Arrange on parchment lined baking sheet and spread into an even layer with a metal spoon. It’s important to make sure it’s even to avoid burning.
- Bake for 15 minutes then turn the pan around to ensure even browning. Bake 5-10 minutes more and watch to make sure there is no burning. It’s done when the brittle is a deep golden brown all over and fragrant. The edges may appear to be getting too brown, they’re just getting crisp and caramelized.
- Let cool completely then break into pieces with a knife or by hand. It will stay fresh in room temperature or in the freezer for a month.
Optional: Can substitute pecans for almonds, walnuts, or cashews.