Quinoa Omega Bars
November 17, 2018
- 1 Cup of almond butter (unsweetened)
- 3/4 Honey or maple syrup
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Cup raw quinoa
- 2 Cups gluten free rolled oats (not instant)
- 3/4 Cup green pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 Cup chia seeds
- 1/4 Cup flax seeds
- 1/4 Cup poppy seeds
- 1 Cup dried blueberries or raisins (organic and sulfur free)
- 1 Teaspoon of coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 325. In a large bowl, combine the almond butter, honey, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla and stir well. Add the remaining ingredients and mix until everything is evenly distributed and all the dry ingredients have been moistened.
- Cover a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and great the paper lightly with coconut oil. Pour the mixture onto the greased paper and press evenly across the pan. Make sure to really press and pack the mix into the corners of the pan and it is packed and even.
- Bake at 325 for 20-25 minutes until the edges and underside are deep golden brown. Cool the bars completely in the pan. Cut into bars (approximately 30). Keep in the refrigerator and enjoy for up to a week.