- ½ cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 small raw beet, peeled and shredded (red or golden)
- 1 medium-large carrot, peeled
- 2 cups packed kale, roughly chopped
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons honey (optional)
- ½ to 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook the quinoa for 15 minutes in water or bone broth until done. Let it cool.
- In a large bowl, add the kale and enough dressing to cover and massage the dressing into the kale leaves.
- Add the cooled quinoa, beets, carrots and avocado.
- Mix with a bit more dressing to taste if needed.