Paleo Banana Bread
October 23, 2018
- 4 small-med very overripe bananas or 3 larger ones, mashed really well
- 4 large eggs room temp
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted and cooled
- 1 3/4 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 heaping teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- Optional 1/4 chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and mashed bananas, then vanilla and coconut oil until well combined. Slowly stir the dry mixture into the wet (don’t use an electric mixer - you will over-mix the batter and prevent it from rising properly) just until moistened and well combined.
- Transfer batter to 9 x 5 loaf pan sprayed with coconut oil (or use parchment paper) and bake for 50-60 minutes until deep golden brown and toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Allow to cool completely in the loaf pan, then remove, slice and serve.