Mini Chocolate Tarts
January 8, 2019
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- A pinch of Celtic sea salt
- 6oz dark chocolate, chopped into pieces or chips
- 1 ½ tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- Raspberries or sea salt and chopped nuts for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F and get out a mini muffin pan. No need to grease it. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the coconut oil, honey, cinnamon and salt. Add the almond flour and stir until well combined. The dough will be crumbly but should stick together when pinched.
- Spoon the dough evenly into each muffin tin and press the dough over the bottom and only about 1/4 or 1/3 up the sides. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and run a knife around the sides of the tarts to make dislodging them later easier. Let sit for 10 minutes or until they've hardened and are easy to remove.
- Combine chopped chocolate or chips, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla in a double broiler or large glass bowl set over a small saucepan of simmering water and heat stirring well until fully melted and smooth. Turn off heat and stir in almond butter.
- Spoon or pipe chocolate almond filling into the center of each cup. Top with raspberry or a pinch of sea salt and chopped nuts. Store in an air-tight container in the fridge.