October 27, 2018
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (to grease pan)
- 5 eggs (medium to large size)
- 1 cup raw or roasted and unsalted whole macadamia nuts
- 1 cup coconut butter (not coconut cream)
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 rounded teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 1/2 bread pan with coconut oil.
- Place macadamia nuts into a food processor and process on high for about 1 minute to achieve a nut butter consistency. While at the same speed, drop one egg down the chute and wait for about 20-30 seconds, then do the same with the second egg. Once the processor is running smooth again, add the remaining 3 eggs down the chute. You should have a very smooth batter by this point. Without the food processor on, and add the remaining ingredients, except for the lemon juice and baking soda. Turn it on low, and once everything is all mixed (20 seconds or so), introduce first the lemon juice down the chute, and baking soda. Mix for a few more seconds until well combined.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clear. Let cool for 15-20 minutes then remove from pan and set on an elevated rack to cool fully.