Low FODMAP Thai Meatballs
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 cup shredded carrots, about 2 large carrots
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 red chilis, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onion green parts only for Low FODMAP, chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 4 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1/2 cup chicken or turkey bone broth
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 teaspoons fresh minced or ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons chili paste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl combine all the meatball ingredients. Mix with your hands until well combined and form into balls. If the mixture is a bit wet and sticks, wet your hand with a little water and then roll the balls.
- Place balls on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a small pot over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stir, and reduce heat to a simmer until meatballs are done cooking. Place meatballs in serving bowl and pour sauce over meatballs.