Lemon Cookies (Low Lectin)
December 28, 2018
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2/3 cup monk fruit maple syrup (can use regular maple syrup if not going low lectin)
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 3 teaspoons lemon extract
- 2 2/3 cups blanched almond flour
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the coconut oil, maple syrup, lemon zest and lemon extract. Add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and sea salt. If the dough is a bit wet, do not add any additional flour. Place in the refrigerator for up to 30 minutes to firm it up.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line 2 baking sheets with a piece of parchment paper. Roll dough into balls and place on baking sheet 3" apart and press the balls down slightly with your palm. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the cookies have lightly browned on the bottom and middle of the cookie. The cookies may crack a little on the edges.