Optional : Chocolate drizzle on top. 1/2 cup chocolate chips plus 1 teaspoon coconut oil
1. Place all the nuts, seeds, coconut flakes, cinnamon, and sea salt into a large mixing bowl and stir to combine fully.
2. Melt coconut oil in a small sauce pan and whisk in the flax seed meal and honey. Set heat to low and whisk while it becomes a consistent mixture. Once mixture is smooth and well combined, remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
3. Pour the wet mixture into the large bowl with the dry ingredients and stir to fully combine. Thoroughly mix to make sure all the dry mixture is coated. Once coated, gently stir in the chocolate chips.
4. Line an 8 x 8” or 9 x 9” square pan with parchment paper along the bottom and sides, with extra up the sides for easy removal. Transfer mixture in and press down, using your hands, or back of a flat spatula to get it packed tightly into the pan.
5. If using a chocolate drizzle on top, melt chocolate and coconut oil until smooth. With a fork, chopstick, or squirt bottle, drizzle chocolate diagonally and lightly sprinkle with sea salt and freeze for 1-2 hours to firm.
6. If not using a chocolate drizzle, cover the top with parchment or plastic wrap, then set in the freezer for at least 1 -2 hours to firm.
7. Remove pan from freezer and remove bars from pan. With a sharp long knife, cut into bars. Keep refrigerated.