- Line a 24-count mini muffin tin with liners and set aside. Melt chocolate in a double broiler on medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Using approximately 50-60% the melted chocolate, fill each liner bottom with 1/3rd chocolate and ensure that all sides are covered. Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes.
- If needed, melt the coconut butter until creamy by placing the glass jar in boiling water. Place melted coconut butter in a small bowl, add peppermint extract and mix thoroughly.
- Remove tin from refrigerator and fill cups another 1/3rd. Keep extra coconut butter mixture. Refrigerate and if needed, reheat chocolate until smooth and easy to stir. Remove tin from refrigerator and if the coconut mixture has caved in, fill in holes with extra coconut mixture until leveled. Refrigerate until hard.
- With remaining melted chocolate, fill remaining 1/3rd until all coconut mixture is covered with chocolate.
- Refrigerate 5-10 minutes. Garnish with a mint leave, peppermint candy crumbles, or sea salt
Makes 24 mini cups. Keep refrigerated for longer freshness.