Creamy Mushroom Soup
March 24, 2019
- 1-2 tablespoons ghee
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium white or yellow onion, chopped
- 10oz Crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 10oz white mushrooms, sliced
- 3-5oz shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 4-6 cup’s bone broth (I use Bonafide Provisions. More broth makes it less thick)
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried thyme
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a soup pan on medium heat, melt ghee and add garlic, onion and all mushrooms and stir occasionally until all contents are soft.
- Add bone broth and heat until cooked through (approx. 10 minutes).
- Using a hand or regular blender, blend soup until smooth.
- Add thyme, sea salt and pepper.
- Can add ½ cup coconut milk to make it creamier.
- Can garnish with sautéed mushrooms and/or Italian parsley.