March 27, 2019
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 lb. organic orange carrots, chopped
- 4 cups bone broth
- 1 can (13.5 oz) full fat coconut milk
- 1 lb. crab meat, cooked
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, cut into small (1/4”) segments
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, saute carrots, onions, and garlic in the avocado oil for 10 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add bone broth and coconut milk, bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer until carrots are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender (or carefully transferring to a blender in batches), blend the mixture until creamy. Add crabmeat, lemon juice, sea salt and pepper and return to the stove top until heated through. Add chives and serve.