Collagen Almond Butter Cups
January 1, 2019
- 1/2 smooth almond butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3-4 tablespoons RGN Chocolate Collagen Protein
- 1/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 3/4 -1 cup dark chocolate or chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Optional topping: shredded coconut, cacao powder, chopping nuts
- In a bowl place almond butter, shredded coconut, collagen powder and sea salt. Mix until well combined.
- In a double broiler, melt the chocolate or chocolate chips. Add coconut oil and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- In candy molds, deep ice cube tray, or mini muffin tin fill chocolate enough to cover a bottom layer. Add a small amount (maybe 1 teaspoon or less) of almond butter mixture and try to get it in the center. Fill remaining area with chocolate and do not overfill. If using a topping, place a sprinkling on top.
- Place in refrigerator for 1 hour or more and remove from molds.