January 25, 2019
- 13 ½ oz full fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 seat salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients except the vanilla extract in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Let it boil for about 3-4 minutes, stirring continuously, then lower to a simmer. Let it simmer (stirring as needed) until it cooks down to about half its volume and thickens. This usually takes around 50-60 minutes, depending on your climate, stove, and the fat content in your particular can of coconut milk.
- Turn off the heat, stir in the vanilla, and let it sit for about an hour. Cover and refrigerate overnight as it continues to thicken as it sits.