Chocolate Mint Ice Cream Pops
January 7, 2019
- 1/2 cup raw macadamia nuts, roasted and unsalted
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 7 fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract, optional to make it more minty
- 1/2 cup (or large bar) of dark chocolate (72% or higher)
- Soak macadamia nuts in water for 4 hours to soften.
- Blend all ingredients together in a high speed blender until smooth. Pour the batter into popsicle molds. Let freeze for an hour before inserting the sticks. Freeze until solid (about 4 hours, or overnight). Rinse the mold under warm water for 10 to 20 seconds to help the pops release.
- Heat chocolate in double broiler or in a glass bowl over boiling water and stir until smooth. Place melted chocolate in an empty plastic squeeze bottle. Once popsicles are removed from molds, drizzle chocolate on one side and freeze for another 10 minutes.
Makes 6 popsicles.