Chocolate Chip Cookies with Sea Salt
- ½ cup coconut oil softened or melted
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup 70% + dark chocolate chips or chunks
- Sprinkling of coarse sea salt
- Beat together the coconut oil and coconut sugar until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix until smooth. Add the almond flour, coconut flour, sea salt, and baking soda to the wet ingredients. Mix until fully combined. Fold in the chocolate chunks. You can use the dough immediately but highly suggested to cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour (can be left refrigerated up to 48 hours).
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Use a cookie or ice cream scooper to form cookies and place on a parchment lined baking sheet, then press down slightly. Lightly sprinkle with coarse sea salt. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until slightly golden brown around the edges.
Makes 12-18 cookies