Chickpea and Broccoli Soup
- 2 Tablespoons Grape seed or avocado oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 head of organic broccoli (about 1 pound) cut into florets
- one 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained
- 3 cups vegetable stock, plus additional as needed
- Celtic sea salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped walnuts or pecans for garnish if not cleansing
- Heat the oil in a medium sized pot over medium high heat. Add the onion and sauté for about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic, crushed red pepper flakes and broccoli. Cook, stirring often for about 2 minutes longer.
- Add the chickpeas, broth and salt and pepper to taste. Bring the soup to a simmer. Remove from the heat and transfer the soup to a regular blender or use an emersion blender. Puree the soup until smooth and creamy. Return to the soup pan and keep on low. Add more broth to thin the soup to your desired consistency. Garnish with chopped walnuts or pecans.