Chicken and Rice Soup
March 20, 2019
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 parsnip, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 cup fennel bulb, diced
- 6 cups chicken bone broth
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 12 oz cauliflower rice
- 1/4 cup green fennel sprigs, broken into pieces
- Celtic sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a soup pan, heat oil and place in onion, carrots, celery, parsnip and fennel bulb. Stir for 3-4 minutes until soft.
- Add chicken bone broth , chicken breast and cauliflower rice. Cover and cook on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken breasts and shred or slice into bite size pieces.
- Add green fennel sprigs, sea salt and pepper and serve.
- Garnish with fresh green fennel sprigs.