Chai Collagen Cookies
February 12, 2021
- 1/3 cup monk fruit granules
- 4 tablespoons softened ghee or coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 4 scoops RGN Collagen Protein, vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chai spice blend
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- Cream the butter/ghee and sweetener in a mixing bowl using a stand or hand mixer on medium speed for about 2 minutes
- Add egg, vanilla extract, and lemon juice. Mix on low for 30 more seconds then blend on medium for a couple of minutes or until light and fluffy, scraping down bowl if necessary
- Add in the almond flour, RGN collagen protein, baking soda, and sea salt and mix until smooth. The mixture will look sticky and wet.
- Using slightly wet hands, roll the dough into 6 balls or use a medium cookie scooper and place onto parchment paper with some distance apart.
- Shape the cookies and flatten the top with a flat spatula.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. When checking in on the cookies they should look really soft, but golden at the edges when ready. They will harden up as they cool.
- Remove the cookies and cool on the cookie sheet for 15 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack. This is important. If you move the cookies too soon, they will crumble.
- Cool on the cooling rack for 20-30 minutes before serving.
Makes 6 large cookies