Cauliflower and Kale Soup
March 19, 2019
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 small carrots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 tablespoon curry powder (omit for AIP)
- 1 head organic cauliflower florets
- 1-2 handfuls of organic kale, in pieces stem removed
- 6 cups chicken bone broth (I use Bonafide Provisions) or vegetable broth
- Celtic sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a soup pot, melt coconut oil and add onion, garlic and carrots and stir until onions are translucent. Add turmeric and curry powders and stir to combine. Add cauliflower and kale and cook 1 more minute while stirring.
- Add chicken bone broth, sea salt and pepper and cook for 20 minutes or until cauliflower is soft. Can serve as is or use a hand blender to blend until smooth. Garnish with cut chives.