Beet Quinoa Orzo with Scallops
- 1 small/medium red beet, roasted with skin removed
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa orzo
- 1 tablespoon coconut or almond milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3-4 handfuls of spinach or 4-5 asparagus spears
- 12 scallops
- sea salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- In a medium pot, boil water and cook quinoa orzo until done but firm (approx. 8-10 min). In a food processor or blender, place roasted beet and coconut or almond milk and blend until smooth. Add salt to your liking and mix.
- In a sauce pan, melt 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and cook scallops until browning and slightly firm. In a separate pan, melt coconut oil and saute garlic and spinach or asparagus until cooked.
- Drain orzo and shake out remaining water from the colander and place in a bowl. Place 3/4 of beet mixture in bowl and combine thoroughly with orzo until all is covered. Use remaining mixture if needed. Place spinach or asparagus in the bowl and combine. Place on a plate and put 3 scallops on top and sprinkle fresh black pepper and serve.