- 1 cup of uncooked organic quinoa (I use white but any color is fine)
- 2 cups organic butternut squash, cubed
- 1 cup of organic baby shitake mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley, torn or chopped
- 2 ½ tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Place butternut squash and mushrooms in a bowl and mix with ½ tablespoon of olive oil.
- Place on a baking sheet and roast at 350 for 45 minutes. Cook quinoa and place in a bowl.
- When roasted butternut squash and mushrooms are done, mix them in the bowl with quinoa and add parsley, remaining olive oil, cinnamon and pepper.
- If enjoying after cleansing, feel free to add ¼ cup toasted pecans or pine nuts.