- 1 large butternut squash (about 3 pounds), peeled cut into 3/4" cubes
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1 1/2 pounds Tuscan kale (about 2-3 large bunches), stemmed, leaves thinly sliced in strips
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds (from 1 large pomegranate)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 whole garlic clove
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from 1 large lemon)
- 2 teaspoons pure honey (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss cubed butternut squash in a bowl with 4 teaspoons olive oil, cinnamon, sea salt and pepper until well combined. Place on a baking sheet and cook butternut squash until soft and slightly browning (approximately 30-40 minutes). Take out of the oven and let cool.
- Make the salad dressing by putting all ingredients into a blender or mini chopper and blend until fully blended.
- Place sliced kale, butternut squash pumpkin seeds, and pomegranate seeds into a bowl.
- Dress the salad and serve.