AIP Carob Chip Cookies
January 9, 2019
- 1 cup Tigernut flour
- 2 tablespoons Cassava flour
- 2 teaspoons RGN Vanilla Collagen Protein
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1/4 ghee at room temperature
- 1/4 maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup carob chips (homemade or store bought). Can use Enjoy Life chocolate chips if not AIP
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients until well blended. Stir in the ghee, maple syrup, and vanilla extract until it's a smooth dough. Stir in carob chips.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto parchment paper, leaving 2 inches in between each cookie. Using the back of a flat spatula and gently flatten the cookie to about 1/2-inch high.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, watching closely, until the edges are a light golden brown. Do not overcook or they will turn out very crunchy. Let cool and enjoy.
- Optional: Can dip half the cookie in melted carob.